The scientific planning committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of this CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest. This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners - Accreditation Department and is approved for a maximum of 13.75 hour(s).
Date: February 27-28, 2019
Venue: W Hotel, Doha
Target Audience: all practitioners in primary, secondary, and tertiary care doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other allied health practitioners.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES: To enable participants to find, appraise and apply evidence that is required for a critical approach to clinical practice.
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Produce focused and answerable questions related to clinical practice
- Choose appropriate research designs to answer questions
- Construct and perform basic search strategies that allow efficient retrieval of relevant evidence
- Understand the basic principles and critical appraisal of controlled
trials includingthe interpretation of results
- Understand the basic principles and critical appraisal of systematic reviews & meta-analysis including the interpretation of results
- Apply evidence to inform decision making
Day 1: February 27, 2019
At the end of the
Day 2: February 28, 2019
At the end of the
Course Director: Prof. Anthony Akobeng
- Anthony Akobeng, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Sidra Medicine and Weill Cornell Medical College, Doha (Course Director)
- Manoj Mohan, Attending Physician in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Sidra Medicine, Doha
- Mamoun Elawad, Division Chief, Gastroenterology/Hepatology/Nutrition Division, Sidra Medicine, Doha
IbtihalAbdelgadir, Junior Attending Physician, Emergency Department, Sidra Medicine, Doha
- Amel Hassan, Senior Attending Physician, Allergy/Immunology Unit, Sidra Medicine, Doha
Contact Information: Geraldine Calica