2024-2025 Intake Announcement
We are pleased to announce that applications for the Pediatric Residency Training Program, for the 2024-2025 academic year will open on August 20th 2023. End of matching application is October 31, 2023. Access the link below to view the eligibility criteria and required documents.
The Pediatric Residency Program at Sidra Medicine is a prestigious and comprehensive training program for aspiring pediatricians focusing on providing exceptional patient-centered care. The program offers a wide range of clinical rotations in various pediatric specialties under the guidance of experienced faculty members to equip residents with the skills and knowledge necessary to become skilled pediatric practitioners capable of providing excellent care to infants, children, and adolescents.
In addition to clinical rotations, the program emphasizes research and scholarly activities, as residents are encouraged to participate in research projects, publish their findings, and present at national and international conferences.
Furthermore, the Residency Program fosters a supportive and collaborative learning environment. Regular didactic sessions, grand rounds, journal clubs, and multidisciplinary team discussions enhance residents' understanding of the latest advancements in pediatric medicine.
Upon completing the program, graduates emerge as well-rounded pediatricians with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to excel in their careers. The Pediatric Residency Program at Sidra Medicine serves as a stepping stone towards a successful and fulfilling professional journey in pediatric medicine, where residents are empowered to positively impact the health and well-being of children and their families.
Goals and Objectives
- Comprehensive training and education in all aspects of pediatric medicine.
- Develop clinical competencies and skills in diagnosis and treatment.
- Enhance knowledge of pediatric diseases and treatment options.
- Foster the ability to develop appropriate management plans for pediatric patients.
- Promote understanding of social, cultural, and emotional factors impacting patients and families.
- Train in effective communication and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Develop research skills and critical appraisal of medical literature.
- Foster professional development and ethical practices in pediatric medicine.
- Engage in community outreach and advocacy for child health.
- Prepare for careers in pediatric medicine through a strong foundation of knowledge and experience.
Clinical Training and Key Rotations
The Pediatric Residency program is a 4-year ACGMEI-accredited program leading to Arab and Qatari Board certification. The program consists of 13 blocks per academic year, one of which is a vacation block; each lasts for 28 days.
|Third Year (Senior Year):
To be eligible to apply for the Pediatric Residency training program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated no more than 5 years from the application date.
- Hold a valid Medical License or be eligible for licensure in Qatar.
- Meet the minimum accepted clinical and English Exams scores.
Mandatory Clinical Examinations (one of the following):
|USMLE Step 2 CK||Pass|
|IFOM CSE||Prior Scoring: 72
March 2023 scoring onwards: 74
Mandatory English Language Competency Examinations (one of the following):
|TOEFL PBT||Prior Scoring: 550
Revised Scoring: 50
- Program Director: Dr. Muna Maarafiya
- Associate Program Directors: Dr. Ahmed Al Hammadi, Dr. Eman Al Maslamani and Dr. Mohammed Al Kuwari
- Program Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2024-2025 Pediatric Residency Application
Application window is August 20 to October 31, 2023.