Manu Sundaram DNB,MD,FRCPCH,MBBS,MNAMS,MRCPCHAttending Physician PICU Years Of Experience: 22
About the Physician
Dr. Sundaram joined Sidra Medicine in January 2018 as a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Physician. He is also the Physician Lead for Quality and Safety in the PICU at Sidra Medicine and an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar.
Dr. Sundaram worked as an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics after qualifying from Saurashtra University, India, in 2001. He moved to the UK in 2004 and has been trained in pediatric intensive care medicine with an interest in respiratory medicine. He completed his PICU training at Birmingham Children’s Hospital and has worked as a Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine Consultant at the University Hospital of North Midlands, UK.
He has frequently been invited to talk on his areas of interest at various international conferences and to run the European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC) endorsed course on Acute Non-Invasive Ventilation courses internationally.
English, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam22
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, India. 1998
Doctor of Medicine, M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, India. 2001
Specialty Training program Pediatrics, Royal College of Pediatrics and child Health, UK, 2013.
Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, UK 2015.
- Attending Physician, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medicine, Qatar
- Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- GMC Specialist Register General Medical Council UK.
- Member Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Acute noninvasive ventilation, long term ventilation, pediatrics pulmonology, Quality and Patient Safety
- Respiratory pediatrics and critical care
- Multiple abstracts, posters, and several co-authored peer-reviewed publications