QF entity explores the latest innovations in biomedical research and how they translate into precision medicine solutions.
Sidra Medicine is pleased to announce its annual flagship research conference, Precision Medicine and Functional Genomics 2021, that will take place from 4-6th December 2021. This year's virtual event brings together internationally renowned speakers, eminent researchers, top-flight healthcare professionals, and leaders of prominent scientific institutions from around the world to explore the latest innovations in biomedical research and how they translate into precision medicine solutions. The conference will feature live and on-demand programming from invited speakers and provide an opportunity to discuss competitive abstract submissions.
This year's program will focus on four themes
- Future of Pediatric Genomic Medicine
- Large Scale Genomes and Data: From Discovery to Health
- Precision Care in Maternal and Child Health
- Advances in Innovative Therapies for Precision Medicine
Notable speakers include
- Dr. Steven A. Rosenberg, National Cancer Center, USA
- Dr. Robert C. Green, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Dr. Michael Snyder, Stanford University, USA
- Dr. Hakon Hakonarson, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
- Dr. Anna David, University College London, UK
- Dr. Alessandro Aiuti, Hospital San Raffaele, Italy
- Dr. John Mattick, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Australia
- Dr. Nancy Jean Cox, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Dr. Stephen Scherer, The Hospital for Sick Children, Canada
- Dr. Thomas Caskey, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
The conference will feature live and on-demand programming from invited speakers and provide an opportunity to discuss competitive abstract submissions.
Dr. Khalid Fakhro, Chief Research Officer at Sidra Medicine, said: "Along with our partners, we look forward to welcoming world-renowned experts and opinion leaders to Precision Medicine and Functional Genomics 2021."
"This is the sixth edition of the conference, and we are excited to share the progress and success stories from our growing genomic medicine and advanced therapy programs and highlight the great work being done by the growing scientific community in Qatar.
As an academic medical center, Sidra Medicine will continue in its mission of education and capacity building, as well as bringing research into routine medical practice to improve outcomes for all our patients," continued Dr. Fakhro.
Attendees can receive 12 continuing medical education (CME) credits if they participate in the required sessions as approved by the Qatar Council of Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP). If attendees register before 15 November 2021, they qualify for early bird pricing.
For a complete list of speakers, detailed event information, and to register, please visit: www.sidra.org/pmfg