Sidra Medicine is pleased to announce the launch of several new clinics and supporting services on 1 June 2016 at the Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic.
“Our phased opening of the Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic is progressing rapidly with the launch of six additional pediatric clinics in June. The feedback from patients related to our services, physicians and nurses, since we opened on 1 May, has been very positive. It is testament to the dedication of every individual at Sidra Medicine who is committed to our ethos of providing patient and family centric care. We are looking forward to the expansion of more clinics and services in the coming months and establishing ourselves as an integral part of Qatar’s healthcare network,” said Peter Morris, Chief Executive Officer of Sidra Medicine.
Starting 1 June, referred pediatric patients will have access to the following clinics – Neonatology, Developmental Pediatrics; Child and Adolescent Mental Health; Pediatric ENT; Pediatric Plastic/Craniofacial Surgery and Pre-Admission Testing. In addition to the new clinics, the Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic will also offer new support services including Anesthesiology, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) services; diagnostic imaging for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and anesthesiology; physical and occupational therapy; speech and language pathology and audiology.
During the month of Ramadan, the Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic will be operating from 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on weekdays. The Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
About the latest clinics to open in June at the Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic:
- Neonatology: The Neonatology Clinic is under Dr. Istvan Seri, Chief of the Division of Neonatology. The clinic will offer services for pregnant patients with complex and or high-risk pregnancies including those with more than one fetus in pregnancy or where the fetus is smaller or larger than expected for its gestational age. Other consultations include fetal anatomic or physiologic anomalies – such as abnormalities of the heart, lungs, gastro-intestinal system, kidneys or brain. Prenatal consultation will also be offered to patients in a culturally sensitive and family-centered manner which will help decrease parental stress and better prepare the family for the events following the delivery of the baby. Expert consultations from Sidra Medicine physicians will be provided during the course of the pregnancy and by Sidra Medicine and HMC neonatologists after the delivery at HMC’s Women’s Hospital.
- Pediatric ENT: This clinic is under the leadership of Dr. Patrick Sheehan, who is the Division Chief of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. His team will treat infants, children and adolescents with otorhinolaryngology conditions, complex learning and/or physical disabilities and congenital malformations of head and neck structures such as the ear, nasal passage, oral cavity and laryngo-tracheal airway. The clinic will also see patients with medical conditions that increase operative risk who must undergo common ENT procedures or those with complicated infections that may require surgery involving the ear, the nose, pharynx, airway and the neck. All pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgeries by Sidra Medicine physicians are currently being conducted at HMC.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health: This clinic is under Dr. Muhammed Waqar Azeem who is the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry. Services will be available to children and adolescents for conditions such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD); Depression; Generalized Anxiety or Panic Disorders; Social Phobia; Bipolar Disorder, Psychotic Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and complex Autism Spectrum Disorder with behavioral issues. The clinic’s services will put children, adolescent and their families at the center of their care.
- Developmental Pediatrics: This clinic, under Dr. Maria Fatima Janjua the Interim Chief of Developmental Pediatrics, will see referred pediatric and adolescent patients with complex disabilities that are likely to lead to long term needs. The patients will be assessed by a multidisciplinary team who will work together and in partnership with families to provide the best possible care. The aim is to offer an integrated and coordinated program for early detection, assessment, diagnosis and intervention. This will require close work and joint participation between a wide range of health, educational and social care professionals and organizations across Qatar.
- Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery: This clinic is under the leadership of Dr. Mitchell Stotland, Division Chief of Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery. His team will care for children presenting with a wide variety of congenital and acquired conditions of the cranio-maxillofacial region (head, neck, face and jaws) and throughout the entire body. Special areas of expertise include cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis and syndromic craniofacial or ear deformities, hand and extremity reconstruction for congenital and traumatic deformities, burn reconstruction, and other forms of complex reconstruction of the trunk including for spina bifida, gynecomastia, pressure sores, skin and soft tissue tumor excision and reconstruction, etc. Patients requiring plastic or craniofacial surgeries are currently being assessed at Sidra Medicine however the surgeries will be conducted at HMC.
- Pre-Admission Testing: Dr. Michael Levis is the Division Chief of Pediatric Anesthesia. His team will be in charge of assessing the pediatric patients to ensure that they are medically fit prior receiving sedation or anesthesia services.
The Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic opened on 1 May 2016 with Pediatric Dermatology, Pediatric General Surgery Consultation and Obstetrics clinics. It also provides radiology, pathology and pharmacy services.
The referral based Sidra Medicine Outpatient Clinic is currently accepting patients from Hamad Medical Corporation, Primary Health Care Corporation and the QF Primary Health Care Center. Sidra Medicine is collaborating closely with other healthcare institutions in Qatar to expand the referral network as and when more clinics and services are launched.