Zeyad Mohannad Abdulkader BAO,BCH,MBAttending Physician, Co-director of the Pediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology Fellowship Program Years Of Experience: 8
About the Physician
Dr. Abdulkader is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist and Neuro-gastroenterology and Motility Specialist at Sidra Medicine. He attended medical school at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and trained at the Cleveland Clinic (pediatric residency) & Nationwide Children's Hospital (Gastroenterology fellowship and Advanced Neurogastroenterology and Motility fellowship).
Dr. Abdulkader is passionate about advancing the care of children & adolescents with gastroenterological and hepatic diseases, with a particular focus on functional GI and motility disorders.
- Medical School: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland (2007-2013)
- Pediatric Residency: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Ohio, USA (2014-2017)
- Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship: Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA (2017-2020)
- Advanced Pediatric Neuro-gastroenterology and Motility Fellowship: Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA (2020-2021)
- Functional gastroenterological disorders
- Esophageal, antroduodenal and colonic motility disorders
- Constipation and defecation disorders
- Vomiting disorders
- Investigating neuro-gastroenterology and gastrointestinal motility disorders in children and adolescents
- Abdulkader, Z.M., Woodley, F. & Lu, P.L. Extra-esophageal Manifestations of Pediatric Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Updated Review. Curr Treat Options Peds (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40746-021-00229-4
- Abdulkader ZM, Bali N, Vaz K, Yacob D, Di Lorenzo C, Lu PL. Predictors of Hospital Admission for Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. J Pediatr. 2021 May;232:154-158. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2020.11.055. Epub 2020 Nov 28. PMID: 33259858.