Sindu Balakrishnan MBBS,MDAttending Physician Years Of Experience: 22
About the Physician
Dr. Sindu Balakrishnan joined Sidra Medicine in April 2018. He is the lead for the pediatric pain service at Sidra Medicine which provides pain management for medical, surgical and complex patients. Dr. Sindu is also an instructor in multiple life support courses, airway and sedation courses conducted by the Hamad International Training Centre.
Prior to joining Sidra, Dr. Sindu worked at Hamad Medical Corporation in various areas – starting in surgical and trauma ICUs, Emergency department, adult anesthesiology, Pain management and finishing with Pediatric anesthesiology.
English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu22
- Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology – Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto – 2012-2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Pain Medicine – Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto – 2013-2014
- PDCC Cardiac anesthesia, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, India – 2000-2001
- MD Anesthesiology – JJMMC, Davangere, India 1997 -2000
- Pediatric Pain, Regional anesthesia, Airway management, Education and simulation
- Codruta et al ‘A survey of the global impact of COVID-19 on the practice of pediatric anesthesia – A study from the pediatric anesthesia COVID-19 collaborative group’ Paediatr Anesthesia.2021 Jun;31(6):720-729. Collaborative author.
- McDonnell et al ‘Reducing postoperative pain in children undergoing strabismus surgery: from bundle implementation to clinical decision support tools’ Pediatric Anesthesia, 2020 accepted for publication.
- Ali U et al ‘A 4 year quality improvement initiative reducing post-operative nausea and vomiting in children undergoing strabismus surgery at a quarternary pediatric hospital’ Pediatric Anesthesia, 2019;29:690-697