Santiago Vallasciani MD,FEAPUDivision Chief of Urology Years Of Experience: 22
Senior Attending Physician
Dr Santiago Vallasciani is the Division Chief of Urology in Sidra Medicine, Dr Santiago joined the team in 2018 as Senior Attending Physician. He was formerly the Chief of Pediatric Urology Division in King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. After his graduation in the Medical School in Argentina, Dr Vallasciani moved to Italy where he developed his career in Pediatric Urology as subspeciality of Pediatric Surgery. He has a special interest in Genito-Urinary reconstruction and Minimally invasive surgery. Dr Vallasciani published over 50 papers in peer-reviewed journals and more than 100 congress abstracts. His interest covers also research either clinical, basic and public health and received international awards for that. Medical Education is another of his interests with Faculty position in Al Faisal University in Riyadh and currently as Assistant Director of the Pediatric Urology Fellowship in Sidra.
He is active internationally with participation as invited speaker in meetings and visiting surgeon.
English, Italian, Spanish22
- MBBS at Universidad del Salvador (Buenos Aires, Argentina) on November 20th 1997.
- Pediatric Surgeon Certified at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome, Italy) on behalf of Italian Board of Medical and Surgical Specialities (2003).
- Fellow of European Academy of Pediatric Urology Certified by the European Board of Pediatric Urology
- International habilitation for practice certificates in Argentina, Italy, UK, Saudi Arabia and Qatar (Qatari Commission for Health Practitioners - Fully registered Consultant Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Urology)
Pediatric Surgery (Italy), Pediatric Urology (ESPU)
- Laparoscopy, Robotic Surgery in Pediatric Urology
- Genital surgery, Disorders of Sexual Development
- Male urethral surgery (Pediatric and Adult)
- Teaching, tutoring
- Clinical and basic research
Hypospadias surgery, DSD management, reconstructive urology, minimally invasive surgery
- 50 publications in peer reviewed journals
- 5 book chapters
- 110 abstracts in Congress