Moath Alhamad ABNPM,ABP,FAAP,MDClinical Coordinator for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia- Qatar (CDH-Q) and Neonatal Medication Safe Years Of Experience: 3
About the Physician
Dr. Moath Alhamad joined Sidra medicine in July 2019, and currently works as an attending physician in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). In the NICU, he serves as the leader of a multidisciplinary team of professionals (medical, nursing, and allied health), and - in collaboration with other medical and surgical specialties at Sidra - they take care of very sick full term and preterm infants with various medical and surgical conditions who are born at Sidra or referred to Sidra from other centers.
- MD degree in medicine and surgery from the University of Jordan in Amman – Jordan; 2011
- Pediatric Residency training at Michigan State university in Lansing-Michigan-USA; 2016.
- American Board of Pediatrics certification from the American Board of Pediatrics; 2016.
- Neonatal-Perinatal medicine fellowship from University of South Florida in Tampa – Florida – USA; 2019.
- American Board of Neonatal-Perinatal medicine from the American Board of Pediatrics; 2020
- Assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill-Cornell Medicine – Qatar
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Neonatal Respiratory disorders and management
- Neonatal Nutrition and feeding
- Neonatal Resuscitation program instructor
- Neonatal simulation
- Neonatology fellowship mentoring and teaching
- Alhamad M, Kurian S, Anand D, Yajamanyam PK; Gastrointestinal Complications in Infants with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Manuscript accepted for publication in NeoReviews in February 2022, expected to appear in the July 2023 issue.
- Alhamad MMA, Kumar A, Chaaban H, Wickline KM, Ho TTB. Platelets and Immature Neutrophils in Preterm Infants with Feeding Intolerance. Am J Perinatol. 2020 May 23. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1710555. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32446253.
- Alhamad M, Anand D; Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Outcomes in a Population with a high incidence of associated anomalies.
- Poster presentation at 2021 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National conference and exhibition.
- Oral presentation at the 4th joint European Neonatal Societies (jENS) Congress (2021).
- Alhamad M, Yajamanyam PK, Anand D; A case of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Complicated by Bowel Infarction. Poster presentation at the 4th joint European Neonatal Societies (jENS) Congress (2021).
- Alhamad M et al; Improving Growth Velocity in Very Low Birth Weight Infants: A Quality Improvement Project.
- Poster presentation at 2019 Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) meeting.
- Poster presentation at 2018 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference & Exhibition.