Finza Latif MDSenior Attending Physician and Fellowship Program Director Years Of Experience: 11
- ADHD | Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services | Children Adolescents
About the Physician
Dr. Finza Latif is a senior attending physician at Sidra Medicine and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Cornell-Qatar. She provides mental health assessment and treatment for medically ill children while hospitalized and sees patients in the outpatient clinic. Prior to joining Sidra, she worked as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Children’s National Hospital, Washington, DC. She helped build programs to improve quality of care offered to children and adolescents admitted to the hospital for a medical illness through development of clinical pathways and also served as co-director of the eating disorders clinic.
She is the program director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship training program at Sidra Medicine. In her role as an educator, she has mentored several medical students, residents, fellows and junior faculty and received multiple teaching awards.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital-Fellowship
- University of Texas at Houston-Residency
- Rawalpindi Medical College-Medical School
- Child and adolescent anxiety and depressive disorders, behavioral disorders, eating disorders, somatic symptom/conversion disorders
- Faculty development as educators
- Latif F, Patel S, Badolato G, McKinley K, Chan-Salcedo C, Bannerman R, Schultz TR, Newton J, Schott MM, Tyson CM, Wavra T. Improving youth suicide risk screening and assessment in a pediatric hospital setting by using the joint commission guidelines. Hospital Pediatrics. 2020 Oct 1;10(10):884-92. https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2020-0039
- Ibeziako P, Brahmbhatt K, Chapman A, De Souza C, Giles L, Gooden S, Latif F, Malas N, Namerow L, Russell R, Steinbuchel P, Pao M, Plioplys S. Developing a Clinical Pathway for Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders in Pediatric Hospital Settings. Hosp Pediatr. 2019 Mar;9(3):147-55. https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2018-0205
- Berg, J., Abraham, G., Robb, A., & Latif, F. (2021). Pediatric psychiatric disorders. In Biochemical and Molecular Basis of Pediatric Disease (pp. 1057-1092). Academic Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-817962-8.00033-0
- Latif F, Ahmed S, Farhan S, Watt F, Azeem MW. Predictors of Psychological Distress in Health Care Staff in Qatar during COVID-19 Pandemic. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences. 2021 Oct 5;37(7). DOI: 10.12669/pjms.37.7.4533
- Latif F, Albreiki M. Management of common psychiatric illnesses on pediatric medical floors. Psychiatric Annals 51 (10): 473-481 DOI: 10.3928/00485713-20210920-01