At Sidra Medicine we will achieve a Patient Safety Culture through the STEEEP model:
- Safe: avoiding injuries to patients from the care that is intended to help them.
- Timely: reducing waits and sometimes harmful delays for both those who receive and those who give care.
- Effective: providing services based on scientific knowledge to all who could benefit, and refraining from providing services to those not likely to benefit.
- Efficient: avoiding waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, ideas, and energy.
- Equitable: providing care that does not vary in quality because of personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity, etc.
- Patient centered: providing care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.