Manu Sundaram DNB,FRCPCH,MBBS,MD,MNAMS,MRCPCH,Post Graduate Certificate in Critical Care (Cardiff University)Attending Physician PICU Years Of Experience: 20
About the Physician
Dr Sundaram joined Sidra Medicine in January of 2018 as a Physician in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). He is also the Physician Lead for Quality and Safety in the PICU at Sidra Medicine and an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar.
Dr Sundaram worked as an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics after qualifying from the Saurashtra University, India in 2001. He moved to UK in 2004 and has been trained in pediatric intensive care medicine with an interest in respiratory medicine. He completed his PICU training from Birmingham Children’s Hospital and has worked as a Consultant in Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine at the University Hospital of North Midlands, UK.
He has been frequently invited to talk on his areas of interest at various international conference and to run the European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC) endorsed course on Acute Non Invasive Ventilation courses internationally.
English, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam
Years Of Experience20 Education
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, India. 1998
- Doctor of Medicine, M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, India. 2001
- Specialty Training program pediatrics, Royal College of Pediatrics and child Health, UK, 2013.
- Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, UK 2015.
- Attending Physician, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medicine, Qatar
- Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- GMC Specialist Register General Medical Council UK.
- Member Indian Academy of Pediatrics
Areas of Interest
Acute noninvasive ventilation, long term ventilation, pediatrics pulmonology
- Respiratory pediatrics and critical care
- Personal/professional growth and development
Multiple abstracts, posters, and several co-authored peer-reviewed publications