Karim Kalache MD,PhDChief of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division Years Of Experience: 32
About the Physician
Dr. Karim is the Chief of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at Sidra Medicine. He actively engages to ensure the utmost standard of prenatal care for pregnant women and their unborn child. Dr Karim works in Collaboration within a wide multidisciplinary international front of clinicians who give greater priority to patient engagement.
Prior to assuming this role in 2014, he served as Vice Chairman and Professor of the Department of Obstetrics at the Charité – University Hospital in Berlin, Germany.
He is a leading expert with an international reputation for clinical excellence in Prenatal Diagnosis and Obstetrics.
He works closely with obstetric teams across Qatar to support early and appropriate management of pregnancies where fetal complications are identified.
English, Arabic, French, German32
- Doctor of Medicine University of Algiers
- M.D. Thesis Humboldt University of Berlin
- PhD. Thesis Humboldt University of Berlin
- Vice Chairman and Professor of the Department of Obstetrics at the Charité – University Hospital in Berlin
- Full Professor of Clinical OBGYN at Weill Cornell Medicine, Qatar
- Prenatal Ultrasound Diagnosis and management of complex fetal condition including growth disorders and congenital anomalies
- Teaching Medical Students – Obstetrics/Fetal Medicine
- Picker-Minh S, Hartenstein S, Proquitté H, Fröhler S, Raile V, Kraemer N, Apeshiotis S, Leipoldt M, Kalache KD, Morris-Rosendahl D, Boltshauser E, Chen W, Kaindl AM. Pontine Tegmental Cap Dysplasia in an Extremely Preterm Infant and Review of the Literature. J Child Neurol. 2017 Mar;32(3):334-340.
- Ghi T, Eggebø T, Lees C, Kalache KD, Rozenberg P, Youssef A, Salomon LJ, Tutschek B. ISUOG Practice Guidelines: intrapartum ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Jul; 52(1):128-139
- Bhide A, Acharya G, Baschat A, Bilardo CM, Brezinka C, Cafici D, Ebbing C, Hernandez-Andrade E, Kalache KD, Kingdom J, Kiserud T, Kumar S, Lee W, Lees C, Leung KY, Malinger G, Mari G, Prefumo F, Sepulveda W, Trudinger B. ISUOG Practice Guidelines (updated): use of Doppler velocimetry in obstetrics. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2021 Aug;58(2):331-339.