Medical Director – Nephrology and Hypertension
Before joining Sidra, Dr. Shatat was the Division Chief of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) where he led the division to rank among the top pediatric nephrology programs in the US. He was also the director of the pediatric hypertension program and the medical director of the acute dialysis and pediatric hemapheresis units at MUSC.
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology Foundation Board of Directors.
- Elected member of the executive committee of the International Pediatric Hypertension Association.
- Chair, American Society of Pediatric Nephrology Communications and Website Committee.
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology Foundation Fundraising Committee.
- Associate Editor, Frontiers in Pediatric Nephrology Journal.
- Research Associate Professor and Clinical Associate Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) and Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Dr. Shatat has more than 30 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters and review articles in the field of pediatric nephrology and hypertension.
- Dr. Shatat has been voted (by US News and World Report, Castle Connolly and Vitals) among the top Pediatric Nephrologists and as a Patient Choice Doctor in the United States of America.
- In 2016, Dr. Shatat was recognized among the Top 5% honored professionals in the United States.
- Dr. Shatat serves as an abstract reviewer, session Chair, and Speaker at the Pediatric Academy Societies and the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology annual Meetings.