Dr. Spyridon Chouliaras CCT,DFFP,FRCOG,MDAttending Physician Years Of Experience: 20+
- Gynecology | Reproductive Medicine | Women's Services
About the Physician
Dr. Spyridon Chouliaras is a highly experienced consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Sidra Medicine. He is a specialist in infertility and IVF and has a wealth of experience in general gynecology.
He completed his higher specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynecology in the UK (Manchester Deanery) where he also worked as an NHS consultant.
Dr. Chouliaras completed an Advanced Training Skills Module in Subfertility and Reproductive Endocrinology from RCOG, at St Mary’s Hospital in Manchester, a world class specialized University hospital for Women and Children.
He has a fellowship in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery from the Assisted Conception Unit from St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London. Dr. Chouliaras worked at Create Fertility (London -St Paul’s), one of the largest private IVF providers in London where he established and led the hysteroscopy department.
English, Greek, Spanish20+
- Medical Degree, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Extended clinical knowledge through postgraduate education in relation to reproductive medicine including assisted reproduction techniques.
- Embryology certification from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- To support advancement in healthcare Dr Spyros has completed a yearly leadership course through Harvard Business School.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical OB&GYN at Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar.
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- International Society for Mild Approaches in Assisted Reproduction (ISMAAR).
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Associate editor in the Obstetrics & Gynecology International Journal (OGIJ).
Spyridon has broad experience in investigating and treating a wide spectrum of fertility problems. His areas of special interest and expertise include management of patients with congenital uterine anomalies and endometriosis as well as poor ovarian reserve and repeated implantation failure. He is skilled in advanced Ultrasound, including 3D and also has extensive experience in Natural and Mild protocols for ovarian stimulation.
Teaching medical students, as well as other physicians, editing medical student textbooks
Numerous publications and textbook chapters ,especially in the field of reproductive medicine (sample publications:)
i. Adjuvants in IVF—evidence for what works and what does not work, , Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences
ii. Live birth rate in fresh and frozen embryo transfer cycles in women with endometriosis. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biology