Dr. Davide Bedognetti, MD, PhD is the Director of Cancer Program at the Sidra Medicine Research Branch and serves as Adjunct Associate Professor at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University in Doha, Qatar. Dr. Bedognetti joined Sidra in 2014. He received his MD and PhD in Clinical and Experimental Oncology and Hematology from the University of Genoa, Italy. After obtaining the Board Certification in Medical Oncology by the University of Genova and Italian National Cancer Institute (IST) in 2008, he joined the Infectious Disease and Immunogenetics Section (IDIS) of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) where he completed his post-doctoral fellowship. From 2013 to 2014, he served as Director of the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS) Center of Excellence at NIH Clinical Center. Dr. Bedognetti is member of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Cancer Immune Responsiveness Taskforce, and the FOCIS Centers of Excellence Steering Committee. He is the Editor of the Cancer Microenvironment Section of the Journal of Translational Medicine (Springer Nature), and Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports (Nature Research) and Cancer Treatment Reviews (Elsevier).
The main focus of Dr. Bedognetti's Lab is to define determinants of immune responsiveness in tumors by using integrative genomic approaches. The ultimate goal is to develop novel and personalized therapeutic strategies. The team employs systems biology approaches to dissect the molecular network of host-tumor interactions, and to understand its relationship with treatment effectiveness. They use samples from clinical studies as starting point of their analyses. The research develops around the following themes : i) identification of germline and somatic genetic determinants of cancer immune responsiveness, ii) implementation of genomic pipelines and biobanking to guide treatment selection, iii) harmonization of multi-omics approaches for the identification of non-invasive prognostic, predictive and mechanistic biomarkers, and iv) development of proof-of-principle in vitro studies for the implementation of advanced immunotherapeutic approaches. The program has an emphasis on cancer in women and children.
Darawan Rinchai, PhDStaff ScientistEmail: drinchai (@) sidra.orgTatiana Correa Carneiro Lob, PhDPost-doctoral FellowEmail: tcorreacarneirolobo (@) sidra.orgLaura Fusco, PhD
Visiting ScholarEmail: lfusco (@) sidra.orgAmany Awad, PhDResearch SpecialistEmail: awad (@) sidra.org
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS(†equal contribution, *corresponding):
- Roelands J, Hendrickx W, Kuppen P, Mall R, Zoppoli G, Saad M, Halliwill K, Curigliano G, Rinchai D, Decock J, Delogu LG, Turan T, Samayoa J, Chouchane L, Wang E, Finetti P, Bertucci F, Miller LD, Galon J, Marincola FM, Ceccarelli M, Bedognetti D*. Oncogenic states dictate the prognostic and predictive connotations of intratumoral immune respons. J Immunother Cancer (2019, to appear)
- Bedognetti D, Ceccarelli M, Galluzzi L, Lu R, Palucka K, Samayoa J, Spranger S, Warren S, Wong KK, Ziv E, Chowell D, Coussens LM, De Carvalho DD, DeNardo DG, Galon J, Kaufman HL, Kirchhoff T, Lotze MT, Luke JJ, Minn AJ, Politi K, Shultz LD, Simon R, Thórsson V, Weidhaas JB, Ascierto ML, Ascierto PA, Barnes JM, Barsan V, Bommareddy PK, Bot A, Church SE, Ciliberto G, De Maria A, Draganov D, Ho WS, McGee HM, Monette A, Murphy JF, Nisticò P, Park W, Patel M, Quigley M, Radvanyi L, Raftopoulos H, Rudqvist NP, Snyder A, Sweis RF, Valpione S, Butterfield LH, Disis ML, Fox BA, Cesano A, Marincola FM; Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Cancer Immune Responsiveness Task Force and Working Groups. Toward a comprehensive view of cancer immune responsiveness: a synopsis from the SITC workshop. J Immunother Cancer (2019)7(1)
- Thorsson V, Gibbs DL, Brown SD, Wolf D, Bortone DS, Ou Yang TH, Porta-Pardo E, Gao GF, Plaisier CL, Eddy JA, Ziv E, Culhane AC, Paull EO, Sivakumar IKA, Gentles AJ, Malhotra R, Farshidfar F, Colaprico A, Parker JS, Mose LE, Vo NS, Liu J, Liu Y, Rader J, Dhankani V, Reynolds SM, Bowlby R, Califano A, Cherniack AD, Anastassiou D, Bedognetti D, Mokrab Y, Newman AM, Rao A, Chen K, Krasnitz A, Hu H, Malta TM, Noushmehr H, Pedamallu CS, Bullman S, Ojesina AI, Lamb A, Zhou W, Shen H, Choueiri TK, Weinstein JN, Guinney J, Saltz J, Holt RA, Rabkin CS; Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network, Lazar AJ, Serody JS, Demicco EG, Disis ML, Vincent BG, Shmulevich I. Immunity (2018) 51(2):411-412.
- Rozenblit M, Hendrickx W, Heguy A, Chiriboga L, Loomis L, Ray K, Darvishian F, Egeblad M, Demaria S, Marincola M, Bedognetti D†*, Adams S†*. Transcriptomic profiles conducive to immune-mediated tumor rejection in human breast cancer skin metastases treated with Imiquimod.Sci Rep(2019)9(1):8572.
- Angelova M, Mlecnik M, Vasaturo A, Bindea G, Fredriksen T , Lafontaine L , Buttard B , Morgand E , Bruni D, Jouret-Mourin A , Hubert C , Kartheuser A, Humblet Y , Ceccarelli M , Syed N, Marincola FM, Bedognetti D†, Van den Eynde M†, Galon J. Evolution of Tumor Metastases in Space and Time under Immune Selection. Cell (2018)175:1-15.
- Bertucci B, Finetti P, Simeone I, Hendrickx W, Wang E, Marincola F, Viens P, Mamessier E, Ceccarelli M, Birnbaum D, Bedognetti D. The Immunologic Constant of Rejection classification (ICR) refines the prognostic value of conventional prognostic signatures in breast cancer. Br J Cancer (2018) 19(11):1383-1391.
- Orecchioni M, Bedognetti D, Newman L, Fuoco C, Spada F, Hendrickx W,Marincola FM,Sgarrella F,Rodrigues FA, Ménard-Moyon C,Cesareni G,Kostarelos K,Bianco, Delogu LG. Single-cell mass cytometry and transcriptome profiling reveal the impact of graphene nanomaterials on human immune cells. Nat Commun (2017)8(1): 1109.
- HendrickxW, Simeone I, AnjumS, MokrabY, Bertucci F, Finetti P, CuriglianoG, SeligerB, CeruloL, Tomei S, DeloguLG, MaccalliC, WangE, MillerLD, MarincolaFM, CeccarelliM†, BedognettiD*†. Identification of genetic determinants of breast cancer immune phenotypes by integrative genome-scale analysis. Oncoimmunology (2017)6(2):e1253654.
- Roelands J, Decock J, Boughorbel S, Rinchai D, Maccalli C, Ceccarelli M, Black M, Print C, Chou J, Presnell S, Quinn C, Jithesh P, Syed N, Al Bader S, Wang E, Marincola FM, Chaussabel D, Kuppen P, Miller L†, BedognettiD†*, Hendrickx W†. A collection of annotated and harmonized human breast cancer gene expression datasets including immunologic classification.F1000Research (2017)6:296.
- Cocca, M†, Bedognetti, D†, La Bianca, M, Gasparini, P, Girotto, G: Pharmacogenetics driving personalized medicine: analysis of genetic polymorphisms related to breast cancer medications in Italian isolated populations. J Transl Med (2016) 14:22.