We are pleased to invite you to Qatar’s first perinatal Mental Health Symposium on 2 March 2019. The symposium will serve as a platform to contribute to the development of a perinatal model of care sensitive to the social, cultural and geographical needs of Qatar.
It is open to health care providers interested in the mental health and wellbeing of pregnant and postpartum women, their infants and families, and to community members who may have experienced, or supported those experiencing challenges to their emotional wellbeing during this period.
The symposium will be an opportunity to learn from international and local experts in perinatal mental health.
The symposiums afternoon workshops will focus on key areas of perinatal mental health (including pregnancy, birthing and delivery, postpartum period, infants, fathers, mothers with serious mental illness, prevention and health promotion) and provide an opportunity for participants to explore available services in Qatar, as well as gaps in service provision. Find out more about the afternoon breakout sessions here.
- Dr. Felice Watt, Sidra Medicine (psychiatrist)
- Deborah Nelson, Executive Director of Nursing, Mental Health Service HMC
- Asaf Hussein, Director Psychiatry Operations, Sidra Medicine
- Dr Saida Mona Ali, Psychiatrist, Sidra Medicine.
- Dr Suhaila Guloum, Psychiatrist, Hamad Hospital
- Dr Sawssan Ahmed, Psychologist, Sidra Medicine
- Dr Zainab Kikelomo Imam, Psychiatrist, Sidra Medicine
- Sara Al Mannai, Manager – Business Operations, Sidra Medicine
- Mrs Najla Saeed Alkuwari, consumer representative
- Janet Roberts, social work, Sidra Medicine.
- Safia Ahmed, CNL perinatal mental health Sidra Medicine
- Dr Alison Uku, Obstetrician, Sidra medicine
- Dr Dalia Albahari, Psychiatrist, HMC
Accredited as Category 1 by QCHP in partnership with HMC Mental Health Services
Contact Info: Sonia Mascarenhas, email@example.com