Sofia Melina StasinouMD,MSc,PhDAttending Physician Years Of Experience: 17
- Cervical pathologyMenopauseReproductive Medicine
Dr. Sofia Stasinou is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Sidra Medicine. She is one of the teams who provides support to women with fertility issues and also cares for women with gynecological needs.
As an experienced reproductive medicine physician, Dr. Stasinou promotes modern tailored and evidence-based approaches to IVF recognizing both the importance of the physical as well as psychological care required to improve the overall wellbeing of women.
She has obtained a Medicine degree in 2003 in Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, expanding her special knowledge in Research in Female Reproduction in 2011 by completing in this field a Master of Science in National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. After obtaining her CCT in Obstetrics & Gynecology she has extended the clinical knowledge through postgraduate education, including PhD in Obstetric analgesia, as well as completing education and training in relation to reproductive medicine including assisted reproduction techniques (British Fertility Society). More recently has completed her training of the International Association of Aesthetic Gynecology and Sexual Wellbeing and is now certified as a Specialist in Functional Gynecology.
- 16 publications in the field of cervical pathology, basic science and reproductive endocrinology and > 150 citations worldwide
English, French, Greek17
- Assistant Professor of Clinical OBGYN at Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar
- Assistant Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, UK
Teaching medical students in the special fields of reproductive endocrinology (puberty, menopause, family planning) and infertility.
Male and Female Infertility
- Award for one of the 10 Best Oral Presentations at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the BSCCP, 2011, Liverpool, UK.
- 1st Prize Award for the Best Oral Free Presentation at the 9th International Scientific Meeting of the Royal College of Obstetri
- 1st Prize Award for the Best Oral Free Presentation International Course in Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, Greece.
- 1st Prize Award for two of the 10 Best Oral Presentations & 1st Prize Award for the Best Oral Presentation Annual Scientific Mee