Patricia Abboud CPE,MDMedical Director Senior Attending Physician Years Of Experience: 23
About the Physician
Dr. Abboud joined Sidra Medicine in December 2017 as a Senior Attending physician in Pediatric Critical Care. Her administrative responsibilities include her role as the Medical Director for the PICU and Lead for pediatric critical care transports. Her practice is to care for children with unstable or life-threatening conditions.
Prior to joining Sidra Medicine, Dr. Abboud was at Dayton Children’s Hospital for 12 years as a Pediatric Attending Physician and Medical Director in pediatric critical care medicine. She also served as the Chief of Medicine for the Professional Staff. She was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics through Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine.
- Bachelors in Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA; 1994
- Doctor of Medicine, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, USA; 2000
- Pediatric Internship and Residency Training, WSU Dayton Children’s, Dayton, OH, USA 2003
- Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship, Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH USA; 2006
- Certified Physician Executive (CPE), the American Association for Physician Leadership, USA; 25 March 2021
- Medical Director, Critical Care Transport Lead, and Senior Attending Physician, Sidra Medicine, Qatar
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medicine, Qatar
- Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- American Association for Physician Leadership (2016-present)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2003-present)
- Pediatric sepsis, traumatic brain injury, pediatric transport medicine, healthcare quality and leadership in medicine