Naomi Hynd DClinPsy,MA,PGDIP Pain ManagementClinical Psychologist Years Of Experience: 27
- Psychology | Women’s Mental Health
About the Physician
Dr Hynd is a highly experienced and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist who has worked in Womens Mental Health at Sidra for almost four years. She was part of the expert panel that developed Qatars National Clinical Guidelines for GAD, MDD, PPD and infertility. While working at Sidra she has led the Psychiatry department in delivering group work. She has contributed to grand rounds and given lectures and television interviews in the community.
Prior to working at Sidra she was a highly specialized clinical psychologist working in Stroke and General Neuropsychology in the UK for 6 years. Dr Hynd regularly taught on the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne and Teesside Doctoral training courses.
Dr Hynd is passionate about providing patients with Gold Standard treatments and is extensively trained in IPT, CBT, ACT, MI.
Before training to become a Clinical Psychologist she worked as a Senior Dramatherapist in the NHS for 5 years. She also contributed chapters to seminal Dramatherapy textbooks.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), graduated 2012
- PgDip Clinical Neuropsychology, University of Glasgow (UK), Graduated 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), Graduated 2008
- MA Dramatherapy, University of Hertfordshire (UK) , Graduated 2004
- BA Joint Hons Anthropology & Archaeology, Durham University (UK) Graduated 1999
- 1 year Professional Diploma in Acting, Drama Studio London (UK), Graduated 2001
- British Psychological Association (BPS)
- Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- British Sleep Society (BSS)
- British Association of Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM)
- British Association of Dramatherapists (BADTH)
- Group work
- Trauma (EMDR/ CBT for PTSD)
- Menopause and women’s mental health across the lifespan
- Complex and enduring mental health conditions
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Long term health conditions especially recovery from Stroke
- Trauma, Sleep , group work
- Watt F, Ali S, Imam Z, Hynd N & Ahmed S. (2020) Perinatal Mental Health. In Haque, Gilstrap & Ghuloum (Eds.) Mental Health in Qatar: Challenges and Prospects. Cambridge Scholars.
- Expert committee for the development of the National Clinical Guidelines for Obstetric Mental Health, Depression, GAD and Infertility Guidelines. 2020. Hamad Medical Corporation
- Hill, G., Hynd, N., Wheeler, M., Tarran-Jones, A., Carrabine, H., & Evans, S. (2017). Living well with neurological conditions: Evaluation of an ACT-informed group intervention for psychological adjustment in outpatients with neurological problems. The Neuropsychologist, 3, 58 – 63