Mohammed Yousuf KarimFRCP,MBBCh,MSc,MA,FRCPath,FAMLIActing Division Chief, Hematopathology Years Of Experience: 27
Acting Division Chief, Hematopathology
Mohammed Yousuf Karim is Acting Division Chief of Hematopathology. Dr. Karim studied at Cambridge University, qualifying in 1993 with Distinctions in Medicine and Pathology. After MRCP(UK) and MSc Immunology, he achieved MRCPath in Laboratory and Clinical Immunology. In 2004, he was appointed Consultant Immunologist at Frimley Park Hospital, and Clinical Lead in Immunology at Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals in 2006. He was a member of the British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology Council, and Chair of the Clinical Immunology Committee 2014-17. He was an Expert Member for the National Institute of Clinical Excellence Quality Standards on Drug Allergy, and on the Guidelines Committee of the UK-Primary Immunodeficiency Network. At University of Surrey, he was an Examiner and External Lecturer, Visiting Senior Fellow 2009-2012, and invited Lecturer at Imperial College and King’s College London. He has raised over £1million in research funding, and published 70 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Increased awareness of hypogammaglobulinemia after B-cell targeting therapies.
- Whole-genome sequencing of a sporadic primary immunodeficiency cohort
- Unusual accumulation of a wide array of antimicrobial resistance mechanisms in a patient with cytomegalovirus-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: a case report.
- Recommendations for the management of secondary hypogammaglobulinemia due to B-cell targeted therapies in autoimmune rheumatic diseases.
- Practical Aspects of Introduction of Multiplex Bead Technology into the Routine Diagnostic Immunology Laboratory.
English, Hindi, French, Urdu27
Autoimmunity, Allergy, ImmunodeficiencyMaking Immunology a comprehensible and enjoyable subject for students, doctors, and technologists
- 2008 NHS Clinical Excellence Awards
- 2011 Letter of Commendation, Guys & St Thomas’ Hospitals