Khalid A. AlyafeiMD,FRCPC,FAAPChief Medical Informatics Officer and Senior Attending Physician, Emergency Medicine Years Of Experience: 24
- Emergency MedicineMedical Health InformaticsMedical Informatics qualityQuality Improvement
Dr. Khalid Alyafei holds now a position as division chief medical informatics and senior attending pediatrics emergency medicine at Sidra medicine.
Dr. Alyafei has a lengthy experience in clinical operation, leadership, education and medical informatics. He held a position as program director of PEM fellowship at HMC on 2008. He assists in residents training & faculty development in providing didactic lectures and workshops in communication and medical professionalism.
As Dr. Alyafei is actively involved in many research studies, he’s also a strong advocate in public education with special interest in injury prevention, home safety, and child abuse prevention.
Dr. Alyafei has engaged in medical informatics since 2009 where he participated as SME and active member in steering committee. he became deputy CMIO on 2013 then a division CMIO on Nov 2017.
Dr. Alyafei received his MD from Arabian Gulf University- medical college, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain in 1997.
He completed his post-doctoral training in pediatrics and then pediatric emergency medicine at the Children Hospital of Western Ontario, Canada on 2007.
Dr. Alyafei is a board-certified pediatrician and also certified in pediatric emergency medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. he has also a master degree in Leadership from Georgetown university.
Dr. Alyafei is a member in several professional membership for emergency medicine and medical informatics
Executive Master Degree in Leadership, policy strategy, and innovation, Qatar Leadership Centre partner with Georgetown University, May 2019
I Lead 2 senior Leadership Development Program, Sidra Medicine partner with Harvard Business Centre, Sep 2018
Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration (Diploma), Liverpool University October, 2018
Institute Health Improvement (IHI) fellows Diploma for Quality IHI, HMC -partnership with IHI institute, October 2016
Medical Health Informatics, Diploma Health Informatics – HMC, October 2014
Level 3 Diploma in first line Management, Institute of Leadership and management (ILM) – college of North Atlantic-Qatar, Feb 2010
Pediatrics Critical care (PCCU) Fellowship, London Health Science Hospital- UWO-Canada, June 2007
Pediatrics Emergency fellowship London Health Science Hospital- UWO-Canada, June 2007
Pediatrics Residency program London Health Science Hospital- UWO-Canada, June 2005
Bachelor of Medicine (MD) Arabian Gulf University- Medical college-Bahrain, Dec 1996
Bachelor of Basic Science Arabian Gulf University- Medical college-Bahrain, June 1995
- 2019 Diploma in Pediatrics Ultrasound Bachelor class
- 2017 Optimizing Health Professions education with simulation-based Learning symposium
- 2017 Culture Intelligence
- 2016 Diploma in QLC Executive Leaders program (Leadership)
- 2019 Award from Qatar University- Medical college for recognition of contribution in faculty team building
- 2017 Award for continuing professional development and appreciation in participating in Mock exam for residency program
- 2017 Award for the outstanding work in the corporate patients’ and family right (PFR)
- 2013 Award from WCMC-Q for teaching their students
- 2012 Award for participation in increase awareness about Child abuse and neglect among health providers partner with AMAN