Justin C. KonjeExecutive Chair,MD,MBBS,FRCOG,MBA,FWACS,FMCOG
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Executive Chair - Women's Services Clinical Management Group
Dr. Konje is an internationally renowned Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology care. Prior to joining Sidra Medicine, he was Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Honorary Consultant at the University of Leicester and University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, one of the largest maternity hospitals in the UK. Here he developed and directed the Maternal-Fetal Medicine training program for ten years, pioneered specialized antenatal care and held the post of Head of Maternity Services before joining Sidra Medicine in 2014. He also served as Head of Reproductive Sciences Section at the University of Leicester during the same period.
His clinical and research expertise covers Fetal Growth Abnormalities, Endometriosis and Recurrent miscarriages and Implantation Failure. He also has an interest in Minimal Access surgery, in particular in relation to the management of complex endometriosis.
He also celebrated his role in the history of healthcare in Qatar by delivering the first baby at Sidra Medicine in January 2018. Other accreditations include:
- International representative, global board member and external examiner for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Council (RCOG), UK
- Published more than 170 peer reviewed journals and authored six textbooks
- Collaborated in more than ten international research programs·
- Editorial Board Member of The Obstetrician and Gynecologist and the European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Plos One, Journal of Perinatal Medicine and R Biomed Research International
- External examiner to more than ten Universities worldwide