Judith Campbell BSC (HONS),Dip,MSc,Registered General Nurse,Registered Sick Childrens NurseNurse Practitioner Years Of Experience: 25
About the Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Judith Campbell joined Sidra Medicine in 2017 as the Nurse practitioner within the Paediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology team. She continues to be active, locally and nationally in Qatar sitting on advisory and education boards for diabetes care within paediatrics.
She has 25 years of experience within the field of Paediatric Diabetes, with 10 years of experience as team leader for the service at Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital UK. Trained and qualified in England as a Registered General Nurse in 1987 followed by Registered Sick Children’s Nurse in 1990. Judith has a background in Neonatal Intensive Care and Paediatric High Dependency prior to specializing in Paediatric Diabetes in 1997.
Years Of Experience25 Education
- University of Manchester UK
- University of Salford UK
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital UK
- College of North Atlantic Qatar
Areas of Interest
- Diabetes, Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes, Insulin Pump Therapy
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Day E, Almajaly D, Hussain K, Pasha M, Umer F, Hamdan M, Khalifa A. Successful transitioning children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes from multiple daily injections to advanced hybrid closed-loop system in 10 days: a prospective intervention study on MiniMed 780G system. Acta Diabetol. 2022 Jan 24. doi: 10.1007/s00592-022-01851-w. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35072781.
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Umer F, Almajaly D, Hamdan M, Hussain K. One-year experience of hybrid closed-loop system in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes previously treated with multiple daily injections: drivers to successful outcomes. Acta Diabetol. 2021 Feb;58(2):207-213. doi: 10.1007/s00592-020-01607-4. Epub 2020 Oct 12. PMID: 33044604; PMCID: PMC7548407.
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Fisher H, Umer F, Hussain K. From Multiple Daily Injections to Hybrid Closed-Loop System in Ten Days, Utilizing a Structured Initiation Protocol. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2020 May;14(3):689-690. doi: 10.1177/1932296819895509. Epub 2019 Dec 26. PMID: 31876178; PMCID: PMC7576950.
- Petrovski G, Al Khalaf F, Campbell J, Hussain K, Day E, Pasha M. The effect of advanced hybrid closed loop system on glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) in a young male with type 1 diabetes mellitus and growth hormone treatment: A case report. Clin Case Rep. 2021 Aug 24;9(8):e04703. doi: 10.1002/ccr3.4703. Erratum in: Clin Case Rep. 2021 Sep 09;9(9):e04815. PMID: 34466257; PMCID: PMC8385331.
- Petrovski G, Campbell J, Almajali D, Al Khalaf F, Hussain K. Virtual training on advanced hybrid closed-loop system MiniMed 780G in a teenager with type 1 diabetes previously treated with multiple daily injections: A case report. Clin Case Rep. 2021 Aug 6;9(8):e04591. doi: 10.1002/ccr3.4591. PMID: 34401165; PMCID: PMC8346597.