Jason FordMD,FRCPCDivision Chief
Years Of Experience: 23
Jason Ford is the Division Chief of Hematopathology at Sidra Medicine in Doha, Qatar, and Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology & Laboratory Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar.
Dr. Ford graduated from the University of British Columbia (UBC) medical school in 1996 and completed a residency in General Pathology at the University of Ottawa, followed by fellowships in pediatric hematopathology at UBC and adult hematopathology at Harvard. Dr. Ford returned to Vancouver to work at the Children’s and Women’s Health Center of B.C., where he served as Head of the Division of Hematopathology. Dr. Ford moved to Qatar in 2014 with his wife and four children. He is an internationally recognized expert in pediatric hematopathology and pathology education.
Dr. Ford’s academic interests focus on medical education: he was the founding Chair of the Education Group within the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP), and is a founding member of PHOELIX, a unique formative laboratory examination program in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology for Canadian trainees. He has served as Chair of Continuing Professional Development for the Canadian Association of Pathologists, and as Director of the David F. Hardwick Pathology Learning Center at UBC.
- Red blood cell morphology reporting: how much is a waste of time?
- Residency choices by graduating medical students: why not pathology?
- Pathology recruitment in Canada: does medical school education in pathology influence student career choice?
- Exit Competencies in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine for graduating medical students: the Canadian approach
- The pediatric hematology/oncology educational laboratory in-training examination