Ibrahim Alhaji Hassan BS,CCST,FRCPath,MD,MBSenior Attending Physician, Microbiology Dept of Pathology Years Of Experience: 30
About the Physician
Dr. Hassan is a Senior Attending Physician in the Microbiology Department of Pathology at Sidra Medicine. He joined Sidra Medicine on 1st March 2023.
He is an infection specialist who teaches about infections in adults and children to undergraduate and postgraduate medicine students and other healthcare workers.
He worked for over two decades as a Consultant Medical Microbiologist in Manchester hospitals, UK, including at Wythenshawe, MRI & Stepping Hill Hospital, until Feb 2023, when he left to join Sidra Medicine.
- Primary Medical degree training in Nigeria (Pioneer graduate University of Maiduguri college of Medicine). Started his PG training @ UCH Ibadan Nigeria before moving to the UK as a British council scholar in 1989 to continue studies in Medical Microbiology in Bristol & Manchester.
- He is a Fellow/member of Professional societies including: Royal College of Pathologists, UK (RCPath); British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC); Healthcare Infection Society (HIS) & European Society Clinical Microbiology & Infectious disease (ESCMID).
- ICU (including especially Candidemia),
- Maternity -including epidemiology of group B strept in pregnancy.
- Also involved in antimicrobial stewardship (AMS); IPC programs and laboratory quality improvement initiatives.
- Include teaching both UG & PG students in various aspects of infection
- Samuel H Howitt 1, Diana Blackshaw 2, Eustace Fontaine 3, Ibrahim Hassan 2, Ignacio Malagon 4 Comparison of traditional microbiological culture and 16S polymerase chain reaction analyses for identification of preoperative airway colonization for patients undergoing lung resection. Journal of Critical Care, 2018, 46, 84-87.
- Gill Norman et al Antiseptics for burns. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Version published: 12 July 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD011821.pub2