Sidra offers a dynamic environment in which to begin your career in science and medicine. Sidra’s Education Grant program is suitable for students (Qatari/Children of Qatari mothers) pursuing higher education in medicine or nursing.
The Education Grant program helps students to obtain the necessary qualiﬁcations to begin a career in medicine at Sidra. Through our support and commitment to student development, our goal is to develop future leaders in for Qatar in the healthcare ﬁeld, and to ensure a highly skilled workforce committed to the country.
What does the Education Grant provide
Education grants are scholarships offered to students, including ﬁnancial and non-ﬁnancial assistance, while they complete their undergraduate or postgraduate studies in a variety of universities in Qatar and internationally which are listed in the Ministry of Education and Higher Education’s (MoE) website. Please see the list of MoE approved higher educational institutions on the MoE website HERE.
Upon graduation, the Sidra education grant recipients take up positions at Sidra – working towards the realization of our three essential missions: patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
Who can apply for a scholarship
Education Grants are available to Qataris to study abroad and students with Qatari mothers (local grants only).
Supported degree types
Education Grants can be applied for by students studying for the following types of degrees:
- Postgraduate (Limited to clinical and research only) for Nationals employed at Sidra
- Residency for Qatari young scholars
- Fellowship for Qatari young scholars
Fields of study
Applicants may apply for scholarships to support their studies in clinical majors only (Medicine and Nursing).
General admission requirements for new high school students
Undergraduate scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have an average of 80 per cent or higher on Secondary School Education Certificate – equivalent to a B or 3.0 GPA
- Minimum English language requirements:
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test): 530
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test): 87
- IELTS 5.5
- Not more than two years gap between high school graduation and scholarship application
- Reference letter from high school
- A letter of acceptance from a university acceptable to Sidra and in a field of study required by Sidra
Contact for more information
Please contact the National Development Office at
Fax: +974 4404 2106