The Department of Psychiatry at Sidra will be one of the primary sources for Women’s Perinatal Mental Health Care in Qatar. We will work with our stakeholders to create a state-of-the-art, culturally competent, person and family centered system that promotes recovery/wellness for the Women.
The Women’s Mental Health Division will be led by a Division Chief who will have expertise in perinatal psychiatry. The Division will include specialist perinatal psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatry nurses and psychiatry fellows and will have access to allied health professionals.
The Women’s Mental Health service will provide essential outpatient; and consultation and liaison service in the outpatient clinic at Sidra. The obstetric services and other relevant stakeholders will be the primary source of referrals for women who have comorbid psychiatric issues during pregnancy and postpartum period.
Women with various presentations will be seen in the Women’s Mental Health Service. We provide the following services:
- Initial Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Various Psychological Therapies
- Follow Up Visits
Some of the Common Conditions seen in this service will include:
- Psychiatric conditions comorbid during pregnancy and postpartum
- Attachment and Bonding Issues
- Post-Partum Depression
- Symptoms of Psychosis
- Ante-natal Depression- moderate to severe
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Phobia
- Sleep Issues
- Mood Disorders including Bipolar disorder
- Family Issues
- Bereavement and Loss
- Self Harm/Injury and Suicidal thoughts.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)