To create a Haptic Radiology service predicated on integration of high quality, subspecialized service within clinical teams, coupled with development of an industry-leading Imaging Science and Technology function”.
Sidra’s Department of Diagnostic Imaging will create a new standard for the delivery of pediatric and women’s imaging, focusing on outcomes-based quality in an enriching educational environment. Furthermore, members of the department will continue to provide substantial outreach services in the Qatar community.
- We focus on patients and families first
- We provide subspecialized expertise
- We practice haptic radiology, where Radiologists are embedded in clinical care areas
- We are data-informed
- We value high reliability and zero harm
- We employ cutting-edge technology to provide clinical, educational and research services
- In all that we do, we Respect, Listen and Care.
Diagnostic Imaging will provide comprehensive imaging examinations to children and women. The following modalities will be operated by the Department of Diagnostic Imaging:
- Ultrasound (pediatric)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (PET/CT and PET/MRI – projected)
- Cone beam CT (projected)
- Bone Mineral Densitometry
- Interventional Angiography suites
In addition to the aforementioned, the following specialized innovative services will be provided:
- Intraoperative MRI and Angiography
- Interventional CT in the OR
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) therapy, for noninvasive treatment of tumors, drug delivery etc.
- 3D Spinal Radiography
- Picture Archiving and Communications (PACS) and Advanced imaging applications, in conjunction with Informatics and IT
- Advanced 3D visualization technologies, including 3D printing for surgical planning, education and rapid prototyping
- PET-MRI-HIFU (pending procurement) – will allow for molecular and anatomical imaging to be obtained concurrently, followed by immediate, non-invasive treatment. Specific indications would include epilepsy, tremor, dementia and other neurological indications.