From January 14, 2018, the Sidra Medicine will perform planned Caesarean-section (C-section) deliveries to inpatients who have been referred to us by Hamad Medical Center (HMC) or by self-referrals. Patients will be informed of their appointments individually
The department of Obstetrics are now able to accept self-referral patients
The Division of Obstetrics at Sidra Medicine combines cutting-edge technology with a women-centric approach to pregnancy and childbirth.
A dedicated team of experienced physicians and nurses provide pre-pregnancy counselling and prenatal diagnosis, including genetic screening. Specialist clinics – with a multidisciplinary team of obstetricians and internal medicine physicians – are available to provide care for women with complex medical disorders.
The Division of Obstetrics provides the following services to mothers and their babies:
• Antenatal care and education
• Contraception counseling and management
• Diagnostic Imaging (Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
• Labor and delivery service
• Lactation support and education
• Postpartum care
• Preconception counseling and guidance
• Reproductive and Infertility counseling and intervention (medical, procedural and surgical)