The Department of Anesthesiology will provide outstanding, state-of-the-art anesthesia care for children and women at Sidra requiring surgical or procedural intervention at Sidra Medical and Research Center in order to serve the children and families in Qatar and the region.
As Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology at Sidra Medical and Research Center I invite you to explore our website and our Department. I would be pleased to assist you in learning more about our Department.
Our goal is to support the families so that our service users can return to as stable condition as is possible in the safest environment. Sidra will also support health care delivery in the country so that existing care pathways of primary and secondary levels of care are optimized and streamlined.
Level of Care
The Department of Anesthesiology will cover just fewer than 50 anesthetizing locations throughout the Sidra facility that may include any of the following locations:
- Constructed operating rooms (Floors 1, 3 & 4) in the Hospital Building.
- Numerous Out-of-Operating Room procedure locations; Services will be provided 24 hours per day, 7 days a week on an emergent basis and, depending upon the final operating model up to 8-10 hours Sunday thru Thursday on an elective, scheduled basis.
- Post anesthesia recovery rooms will be located in the Outpatient Center on the 3rd floor and in the hospital on the Plaza Level, 1st floor, and the 3rd and 4th floors – wherever anesthesia may be delivered in the final operating model.
- These locations are staffed with a team-based approach and will include faculty anesthesiologists, as well as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists [CRNAs], Nurse Practitioners specializing in Anesthesia, Anesthesia Technicians, resident physicians and medical students.
- The department will cover the Anesthesia Clinic in conjunction with staff from Nursing and Child Life.